My summary of attending NeurIPS 2019.
- Links: conference website, videos & slides
- Location: Vancouver Convention Center, Vancouver, Canada
- Attendees: Over 13,000
Dec 8 (Sun) Dec 9 (Mon) Dec 10 (Tue)–12 (Thu) Dec 13 (Fri), 14 (Sat) Expo (Industry) Tutorials Conference Sessions Workshops
- Interpretable deep learning
- Deep learning with Bayesian methods
- Graph neural networks
- Convex optimization
- Neuroscience and machine learning
3. My Focuses
- Bayesian Methods and Deep Learning
- Machine Learning for Biology
- Machine Learning for Computational Biology and Health (Tutorial, Dec 9)
- Machine Learning Meets Single-Cell Biology: Insights and Challenges (Invited Talk, Dec 10)
- Applications: Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (Posters, Dec 12)
- Machine Learning for Health (ML4H): What Makes Machine Learning in Medicine Different? (Workshop, Dec 13)
- Learning Meaningful Representations of Life (Workshop, Dec 13)
- Machine Learning in Computational Biology (Workshop co-located with NeurIPS, Dec 14)
- Existing machine learning techniques are readily applicable for many biological problems.
- Poster sessions are my favourite.
- Social events can be more efficient if planned.
- Find time to sneak out :)
- Attending such a conference is not easy, but really worthy!